Friday, October 26, 2007

Ohh, a meme!

Not a mime, not a me-me, not a memo. A meme. I guess it's sort of like those MySpace quizzes, but for bloggers, and if you get tagged on a meme, it means someone likes your blog. I dunno. Strikes me as being tantamount to a chain letter, but I'll play along this time.

My buddy Nathan, who writes the embarrassingly good The Drinking Bird, tagged A Running Commentary, which, now that the marathon is over, will hopefully be more commentary and less running--except for when, you know, I run.

Anyway, here's how memes work:

-You can leave them exactly as is.
-You can delete any one question.
-You can mutate either the genre, medium, or subgenre of any one question. For instance, you could change “The best time travel novel in SF/Fantasy is…” to “The best time travel novel in Westerns is…”, or “The best time travel movie in SF/Fantasy is…”, or “The best romance novel in SF/Fantasy is…”.
-You can add a completely new question of your choice to the end of the list, as long as it is still in the form “The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is…”.
-You must have at least one question in your set, or you’ve gone extinct, and you must be able to answer it yourself, or you’re not viable.
Then you answer your list of questions. Also part of the ceremony is listing the progression of blogs through which the meme has passed. I do that now.
My great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparent is Flying Trilobite and the Hellfire Club.
My great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparent is A Blog Around the Clock.
My great-great-great-great-great-grandparent is archy.
My great-great-great-great-grandparent is Why Now?
My great-great-great-grandparent Rook's Rant.
My great-great-grandparent is Blue Girl, Red State.
My great-grandparent is Welcome to the Revolution.
My grandparent is Corner of the Sky.
My parent is The Drinking Bird

Now I answer questions. For the record, I decided to both change one question and add my own.


The best multi-volume series in SF/Fantasy is The Dark Tower, by Stephen King

The worst "spin-off" TV series in comedy is After M*A*S*H

The worst airport I've ever traveled through is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

The best-looking uniform in pro sports is the Los Angeles Dodgers home uni.

There, I did it. I now tag:

Gregory Holman
In the Mailbox
The Skinny Guru

Hope you enjoyed it!

Peace!

ML

1 comment:

  1. Nailed it! I agree about the Dodgers, beautiful, classic. I also have to say I am also partial to the Mets home uni with the pinstripes and the blue cap, despite the fact that they are in fact, pond scum.

    ReplyDelete