Thursday, October 18, 2007

Nearing the starting line

...Or the finish line, however you like to look at it.

Nichole and I leave for Kansas City soon, the race is less than 48 hours away. My knee is still pretty tweaked... I don't expect this to be an easy run, though the weather looks superb. Looking at the KC Marathon's elevation chart, it looks like my two biggest hills are right at the beginning and between miles 21 and 22... the exact point where I reach uncharted distances. Good times.

As for the knee, I've been going without any ibuprofen all week to sort of get used to the strained feeling. I plan to take a couple before the race, and hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised with how it responds. I'll probably let Nichole drive up to KC... gas pedals are hell on ACLs.

This will probably be my final post before the race: I'll be sure to have pictures and links to my sorry ass finishing time on Saturday night or Sunday morning. Wish me luck! And thank you to all of you who have supported me through this, both emotionally and financially--particularly my wife, Nichole, and my parents, Curtis and Susan.

Peace.

ML

2 comments:

  1. You will do great! We'll be thinking about you and sending lots of good running vibes your way. Break a leg, er, wait, that's doesn't seem appropriate for this...how about good luck?!?!

    Dr. Swick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on, superstar! I am awaiting pictures and stories from you and Mrs. Lemmon with great anticipation. Perhaps when all this is run and done you might come by the loft for special sips and banter.

    ReplyDelete